-
May 22nd, 2016, 08:26 PM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: Bart Locanthi Was Here
Man those are some sweet wood horns on the TAD's in the article. Its interesting he chose to use solid state power. I have slowly been getting away from tubes and using more solid state gear. I love the way my Ashly mosfet amps sound with my 817 cab/2360 horn setup.
-
May 23rd, 2016, 09:04 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: Bart Locanthi Was Here
I'm using solid state these days too and my Model 19's and 14's never sounded better. Of course, all solid state is not created equal!
-
May 24th, 2016, 11:14 AM
#3
Hostboard Member
Re: Bart Locanthi Was Here
I would also like to hear a bit more about Bart's time and influence while at Altec. Anyone going to chime in on that?
On the other note, good solid state is amazing indeed. I have a Forte model 1A that shocks anyone who hears it. It holds it's own against $20k plus amplifiers and betters some of them.
Most just stare with mouth agape upon hearing the Forte and say that thing should not be able to sound that good! But it does. 
My latest acquisition is a Lyngdorf integrated amp with built in DSP correction. The silence between the notes is unsurpassed in my experience as is the crazy level of resolution. I think Bart would have really enjoyed playing with the technology available to designers today.
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.
Bookmarks